Everything you need to know about the course...
A Quick look
The Neurodiverse Lactation Specialist Course helps lactaiton clinicians build expertise in neurodivergent lactation support.
Who is this program for?
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Therapist
- Physician Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Speech Language Pathologist
What can you expect in the course?
The Neurodiverse Lactation Specialist Course consists of 3 core modules designed to take you from novice to rising expert level in neurodivergent lactation support.
Whether it’s about a personal connection to autism, ADHD, or a professional growth opportunity, there are no limits to the ways you can use this course to amplify your lactation practice.
You’re here to make a difference and put in the work. So let’s dive into the good stuff!
- 3 modules of expert instruction with a balance of learning modalities to accommodate varied learning styles including visual, auditory, and kinesthetic.
- Self-directed aspects such as video curriculum, activities, and resources to learn at your own pace.
- Clinical Application Activities to reinforce your learning.
- Practice Improvement Projects implement learning in clinical practice.
- 6 L-CERPS in Clinical Skills for Education and Communication; Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology.
- Certificate to demonstrate your specialized training.
- To provide a strong understanding of common neurodivergent conditions as they relate to the lactation experience.
- To enhance the assessment, exam, and care planning with neurodivergent-specific and affirming points of care.
- To instruct you on how to utilize Sensory Conscious Lactation Support™ in practice.
- To support clinicians in building a neurodivergent-affirming lactation practice.
If you have no lactation support experience, this course may not be a good fit for you. The course teaches how to incorporate neurodivergent affirming lactation support as an advanced extension of existing lactation clinician skills.
If you're passionate about neurodivergent lactation support and currently working on lactation clinical competencies, keep this course on your 'MUST DO' list and it will be here for you when you're ready. 💛
How it works
The course consists of THREE core learning modules, resources, and bonus materials all accessible inside the Neurodiverse Lactation Education Center (link provided when you purchase the program).
➡️ Brief and easy-to-follow video lessons
- Video lessons designed to augment your current lactation expertise, to take you from where you are now to Neurodiverse Lactation Specialist.
- You can expect to experience some serious growth, critical mindset shifts, and rising confidence as you work through the course modules.
➡️ Supporting assignments, checklists, and more
- Clinical Application Activities and Practice Improvement Projects provide opportunities to apply new knowledge and help build confidence in the material as you go.
- Printable, digital, and swap file resources:
💻 Neurodiverse Lactation Intake and Assessment
✅ Neurodiverse- Inclusive Lactation Practice Checklist
👋 Meet the IBCLC Communication Card Template
💡Sensory Conscious Lactation Space Design Tool
💛 "All Neurotypes Welcome" Sign Template for Business
📖 Recommended Reading List for Professionals
📖 Recommended Reading List for Clients
- You’ll find a community of like-minded individuals you can ask for help, introduce you to new opportunities, and even collaborate with.
- I can’t overstate the importance of community and alliance in this lactation space. 💛
- Applied for.
➡️ Certificate of Completion
- Documentation and recognition of your training and expertise.
- Digital and printable Neurodiverse Lactation Specialist Certificate.
- Certified Neurodiverse Lactation Specialist badge PNG and JPEG files for marketing materials.
Ready to start?
Alright! Buckle up and let's transform your lactation practice into a neurodivergent affirming powerhouse!
I'll meet you in the first lesson!